Certificate in Marketing
The Certificate in Marketing provides undergraduate students with a marketing-specific set of in-demand skills. Students will be introduced to key marketing concepts and competencies, including competitive analysis, market research, communications strategy, product marketing, branding, editing, and social media marketing. The certificate can be customized to fit your unique interests in design thinking, creative writing, video editing, podcasting, or two-dimensional design.
According to a recent Burning Glass report, adding technical field-specific skills to a Liberal Arts program of study doubles the jobs available to recent graduates.
The Marketing Certificate may also be pursued on a stand-alone basis for individuals seeking professional development in their current role.
Our advisors go the extra mile to help you navigate your path and needs. We will provide you with the tools to make each moment spent on your education as valuable as possible. Students will receive:
- one-on-one, hour long appointments with an experienced advisor;
- career planning services to prepare you for opportunities after graduation;
- a partner throughout your journey to ensure success.
Request an Appointment
Student advising is available at our West Campus location from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Friday.
required course work
- Marketing Concepts (U44 270)
- Market Research and Communications Strategy (U48 305)
- Effective Editing (U48 3451)
- Social Media (U48 3090) – 1 unit
Choose one from the following:
- Design Thinking (U44 290)
- Making the Cut: Editing Digital Video (U48 308)
- Two-Dimensional Design (U79 110)
- Audio Storytelling: From Podcasts to Newscasts (U49 JRN 327)
- Any Creative Writing course from the U11 English Composition department
There are no formal requirements for admission to undergraduate certificates. Students should speak with an academic advisor regarding their preparation for specific certificates or courses.
The online application is available online on our Apply page. Applications are ready for review when all fields on the application form are completed.