Our flexible evening, part-time, and online course offerings allow you to earn a degree from one of the nation’s premier universities while maintaining your other commitments.
Placing personal experience above all else, University College at Washington University in St. Louis offers adults countless opportunities for world-class learning. Here, you don’t have to choose between your future and your life — with personalized options, flexible programming, and the value of a Washington University degree at an affordable rate — you can have both.
Course Enrollment at University College
There are two ways to enroll in courses at University College: as a non-degree-seeking student or as a degree-seeking student. Explore the differences below to see which option makes sense for your professional and educational goals.
- Courses may be taken for professional advancement, in preparation for application to a degree or certificate program, or for personal enrichment.
- Courses may be taken on a pass/fail, audit, or credit basis.
- Includes special enrollment types such as Visiting Undergraduate, Graduate-At-Large, and Special Audit.
- Not eligible for federal financial aid, scholarships, grants, or other funding sources.
- No application required.
- Courses are taken as part of a degree, certificate, or specialized program.
- Courses are taken for credit; pass/fail option available under certain circumstances.
- Courses are selected to fulfill specific degree requirements according to major or program of study.
- Most degree programs are eligible for federal financial aid; scholarships, grants, and other funding sources may be available.
- Some certificate and professional programs are eligible for federal financial aid.
I work full-time and splitting online and on-campus courses have helped to manage my life from week-to-week. I have the choice to take courses during the day, during the evenings; I could choose what time in the evening I want to take classes…the flexibility is very important to my schooling.”JOEL PUGH
BS in Political Science, Minor in Global Leadership Management
Open Enrollment Policy
Take evening courses on a non-degree basis without applying for a program.