Student Advising

Student Advising

Get connected with an advisor who will help chart your path.

All visitors are required to comply with the current WashU requirements for being on campus. Visit the WASHU’S COVID-19 RESPONSE website for more details.

University College recognizes the rich array of backgrounds and experiences adult learners bring to the classroom and is aware that adults entering or returning to higher education may need academic counseling, guidance, and special services. Our advisors go the extra mile to help you navigate your path and needs. We will provide you with the tools to make each moment spent on your education as valuable as possible. 

Request an Appointment

Student advising is available from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday. Note: we are unable to call international students for phone appointments. Please reach out via email.  

Elisa Wang

Academic Advisor & Coordinator of Student Services

Resources at your fingertips

Nothing should get in the way of your education. That’s why we’ve created a database for resources, so you spend less time on paperwork and more time building your future. Here are a few to get you started, or search all resources.

Academic Calendar

See dates for semester, finals, holidays and more.

How To Register

Find helpful tips on how to register for classes.

Transfer Policies

Find out which credits will transfer and learn about our transfer policies.

Additional Resources

Program Planning

Information on University College degree and certificate programs and courses is available free of charge to all current and prospective students. Prospective students should meet with an academic advisor to discuss their interests before applying for admission to a degree or certificate program.

Advising is also available to those who may be undecided about their academic goals or who want to become more familiar with college procedures before applying for admission.

Students who have been admitted to degree or certificate programs should consult with their advisors annually for program planning and approval. It is the student’s responsibility to arrange these conferences.

Transcript Evaluation

University College welcomes transfer students. Prospective and current students who have studied at another college or university may request a free transcript evaluation by an academic advisor to determine transfer credit and remaining course requirements toward a University College degree or certificate. Official transcripts must be obtained from each school attended, and all records must be in English. Applicants for admission to a degree or certificate program should arrange for an evaluation prior to or immediately after applying for degree or certificate candidacy. More information about the transfer process is available on the Transfer Policies page

Community College Transfer Counseling

Community college students are encouraged to consult an academic advisor to learn about transferring their community college credits to University College. For more information, please visit the Transfer Policies page.