- Complete application
A completed Graduate Application (online application). Your application is ready for review when all fields on the application form are completed, required documents are submitted, and the application fee is paid.
- Official transcripts from all previous college work
Official transcripts from all previous college work (University College can request the transcript(s) on your behalf. Please request this service via our Transcript Release form). Contact the registrar at each previous college or university attended to request an official transcript. Official transcripts must be sent directly from the registrar to:
- Personal statementTell us about yourself in a brief essay (about 250 words). Why are you applying to University College? What are your goals, both academic and professional? What do we need to know when considering your application?
- Writing Sample (if applicable)
Some of our programs require a writing sample. If you select a program that does require a sample, the application will contain a section for you to upload your work.
- Three letters of recommendation
Letters of recommendation should be completed by teachers or professional associates. The online application includes request forms for letters of recommendation to be sent electronically. If you prefer to submit hard copy letters, please request that recommenders send them directly to our office at the address above.
- Test Scores (if applicable)Please request official test scores to be sent directly to our office if you are applying to the following programs:
Master of Arts in BiologySend an official GRE score if you are applying to the Master of Arts in Biology Program.Master of Arts in EducationSend an official GRE or MAT score if you are applying to the Master of Arts in Education Program.
TOEFL scores, if applicable
International students who are not native English speakers must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores at the time of application. Completion of a bachelor’s degree at a US college or University may be accepted as documentation of English language skills.
- A $35 non-refundable application feeYou may pay by credit card online, or via check or money order payable to Washington University in St. Louis. You may also pay the fee by cash at the University College office. This fee is waived for all Washington University staff.
Graduate Admission Timeline