Coming to WashU
Danforth Campus Address
Washington University in St. Louis
1 Brookings Drive, St. Louis, MO 63130
Finding Us on Campus
Parking on Campus
The DUC Garage is located in Zone 2 under the Danforth University Center. You can access the DUC Garage by the Wallace and Forsyth intersection (northbound). The garage is available to annual red and Zone 2-eligible permit holders as well as visitors.
Visitor parking is available in the Danforth University Center (DUC) garage on the first level or the ramp down to the second level. Pulled tickets must be displayed on vehicle dashboard. Payment is made upon exiting via either the pay station lane or the attendant lane (cash or credit card). Monday-Friday, between 5 p.m. - 7a.m., Washington University's Danforth campus is open for parking in any parking space not marked as red or reserved in any zone. It is also free to park in yellow spaces on the Danforth campus without a permit on the weekends.
- Daily visitor parking is available on the first level or on the down ramp to the second level. Please park in spaces marked as “Visitor” only.
- Make sure to display your pulled ticket on your vehicle’s dashboard.
- Pay at the pay stations inside the north and south elevator vestibules on the first level or at the pay station at the exit. View garage rates.
- While there is no cost to park in any yellow or visitor spaces within the garages after 5 p.m., visitors still must pull a ticket to gain access.
Those who do not need to park on campus all day but need a space prior to 5 p.m. can purchase an evening permit, which is valid starting at 3:30 p.m., including:
- Evening Red Permits: Available to faculty and staff and valid in any red or reserved space in any zone from 3:30 p.m. - 7 a.m. Monday through Friday and on weekends.
- Evening Yellow Permits: Available to full-time day undergraduate students (junior or higher standing who live off-campus) and also to any part-time undergraduate or graduate students in University College and part-time, degree- or certificate-seeking undergraduate or graduate students in any of Washington University’s schools (Business, Engineering, etc.). These permits are valid in any space not marked as red or reserved in Zones 2 and 3 from 3:30 p.m. - 7 a.m., Monday through Friday, and on weekends.
In addition, there are a series of spaces along Forsyth that have been reassigned as “Perimeter Red” parking spaces. Between the hours of 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, these spaces require a Red Faculty/Staff Permit; however, these spaces are open to anyone from 5 p.m. - 7 a.m., Monday through Friday, and on weekends.
To purchase a permit, visit the Parking & Transportation Services website.
The East End Garage is located on the Danforth Campus in Zone 1. Enter the garage from the Wrighton Way and Forsyth intersection or the Forest Park Parkway and Hoyt intersection. It is available only to faculty and staff with visitors and Zone 1 permit holders. Visitor parking is also available.
- Visitor parking is available on the first level, P1, of the East End Garage.
- Please take your pulled tickets with you; no need to display on your dashboard.
- Upon returning to the garage, pay at the pay station located near the pedestrian entrances before returning to your vehicle. Payment by credit card only. View garage rates.
- To leave the garage, please scan your paid parking ticket at the exit station. This will activate the gate arms to open.
Permit Holder Parking: Zone 1
- Red permit parking is available in red permit designated spaces on P1.
- Yellow permit parking is available on P2.