University College is proud to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program, which allows qualified veterans to attend University College full time with no out-of-pocket expense for tuition and mandatory fees. University College does not place a limit on the number of veterans accepted into the Yellow Ribbon program, nor does it place a limit on the matching contribution once the basic benefit is reached.
"As a veteran, I know how it can be an abrupt culture shock to make the transition out. Because of University College’s Yellow Ribbon Program, I was able to get my bachelors and masters from the best school in Missouri with zero debt."
Jeremy Ward, Human Resources Mgmt.
To qualify for Yellow Ribbon Program funding you must:
- be eligible to receive 100% of the Post 9/11 GI Bill benefit.
- have remaining benefit time.
- apply to a University College degree or certificate program.
- not be on active duty or a spouse transferee of an active duty member.
Veterans who have served at least 90 days of active duty service after September 10, 2001 and received an honorable discharge will qualify for the Post-9/11 GI Bill. To qualify for the full benefit, a veteran must have served at least three years of active duty after September 10, 2001. This benefit provides a maximum of 36 months of educational benefits, generally benefits are payable for 15 years following your release from active duty.
If you are not certain which benefit you are qualified to receive, please visit the Veterans Administration website's benefits page.
Using Your Post 9/11 Benefit
- Apply to a University College degree or certificate program (application fee is waived for military personnel).
- Provide University College with a copy of your DD-214 and Certificate of Eligibility.
- Register for courses and select the appropriate military benefit payment option.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
The Post 9/11 GI Bill does not cover:
- courses that do not count towards the completion of your degree.
- withdrawn courses and those you did not attend.
- repeat of satisfactorily completed courses.
|Questions? Contact us...|
|Emily Battas, (314) 935-6127|