- A high school diploma,
- At least 6 units of transferable college-level course work with a minimum GPA of 2.7 taken at another accredited institution, or at least 6 units of course work taken at University College with a minimum GPA of 2.7.
- A high school diploma,
- At least 12 units of transferable college-level course work with a minimum GPA of 2.7 taken at another accredited institution, or at least 12 units of course work taken at University College with a minimum GPA of 2.7.
- Complete application
A completed Undergraduate Application (online application). Your application is ready for review when all fields on the application form are completed, required documents are submitted, and the application fee is paid.
- Official transcripts from all previous college work
Official transcripts from all previous college work (University College can request the transcript(s) on your behalf. Please request this service via our Transcript Release form). Contact the registrar at each previous college or university attended to request an official transcript. Official transcripts must be sent directly from the registrar to:
- Personal statement
Tell us about yourself in a brief essay (about 250 words). Why are you applying to University College? What are your goals, both academic and professional? What do we need to know when considering your application?
TOEFL scores, if applicable
International students who are not native English speakers must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores at the time of application. Completion of a bachelor’s degree at a US college or University may be accepted as documentation of English language skills.
- A $35 non-refundable application fee
Payment may be submitted by credit card online, or via check or money order payable to Washington University in St. Louis. You may pay the fee by cash at the University College office. This fee is waived for all Washington University staff.
If you are applying for admission to the Creative Writing Certificate, you must:
- Submit a letter of recommendation through our online application system. You will complete a recommendation request as part of this application.
- Submit samples of either poetry (3 poems), fiction (1 or 2 stories, depending on length) or prose non-fiction (1 or 2 pieces, depending on length).
*Incomplete applications are not reviewed. If you are unable to complete your application within 60 days after the start of the semester to which you are applying, you will need to begin a new application for any upcoming semester.
Undergraduate Admission Timeline
- West Campus Advising: Student advising will be available from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- Danforth Campus Advising: Student advising will be available from 4 p.m. - 6 p.m., Monday-Thursday.