- How do I activate my WUSTL student email account?
- Where are on-campus computers and printers?
- What is a WUSTLKey?
- What is Blackboard?
- What is UC Online?
- What is WebSTAC?
How do I activate my WUSTL student email account?
Only students who are admitted to programs will be given a Washington University Student email account. All other students will use their personal email accounts for registration and other university contact. Students can review their university e-mail and learn about their University e-mail address via WebSTAC.
- This information is located near the top of the login page.
- To modify the assigned University e-mail address, click on "Modify Your University e-mail Address." Note: you are not required to make any modification
- Some Important notes:
- Within WebSTAC, you may select a nickname. If you do so, it will appear among the system generated name configurations from which you may select a change to the assigned University email name.
- Just like faculty and staff, students will have only one opportunity to change their assigned email name, so choose carefully.
- Your university email address will appear in the Web-based directory; the local email address will appear in WebSTAC and WebFAC (the faculty version of WebSTAC).
- Your @wustl.edu address will not be active until several hours after you change it. If the new @wustl.edu address does not work after four hours, please contact ArtSci Computing.
- To activate your @wustl email account, please visit email.wustl.edu.
Where are on-campus computers and printers?
There are several places on campus where you can print papers: Olin Library, the ArtSci Computing Lab (Seigle Hall, Room 012) and the Eads Creative Lab (basement of Eads Hall). All three spots are open in the evenings; the ArtSci Computing Lab and the Eads Creative Lab also have staff members available to answer questions and for troubleshooting software issues. Student Technology Services, which primarily serves students living in dormitories, also has a walk-in computer help desk in Gregg Hall on the South 40.
What is a WUSTL KEY?
Your WUSTLKey is the combination of your WUSTL CONNECT Login ID and password, providing a single sign on for access to a number of campus services including WebSTAC academic records, library electronic resources, and parking pass reservations. Every student, faculty, and staff member has a WUSTL KEY credential. You can use your new WUSTL KEY anywhere you see this logo.
To get started, please visit the "Creating WUSTL Key" webpage. If you need help, contact the Office of the University Registrar at (314) 935-5959.
What is Blackboard?
Blackboard is a web-based course management system which may be used by any instructor currently teaching a course at Washington University. Blackboard offers online access to a syllabus, course calendar, assignments and files, as well as online teaching and communication tools such as threaded discussions, email, chat, and file sharing. The site has a handy “Help” feature available on the home page after you have logged in. Blackboard is online at https://bb.wustl.edu. Then use your WUSTLKey ID and password to log in.
Problems with Blackboard? Contact Student Technology Services, at (314) 935-7100 or at http://sts.wustl.edu/.
What is UC Online?
UC Online allows you to browse, select, and register for University College courses. Step by step registration instructions are available on our How-To guide. If you need help, call U College at (314) 935-6700.
What is WebSTAC?
WebSTAC is the Washington University website that stores your past and present academic records. To view your personal record you need an ID number and a password. After logging in for the first time you will be prompted to create a "WUSTL Key" custom ID and password if you have not already.