Download our How to Register for Classes Online Guide!
Online registration is open from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Go to University College Online Registration.
- You will see different search criteria. Make sure the correct term is selected from the tabs on the left (i.e. "SU2012" for Summer courses; "FL2012" for Fall courses).
You can further refine your search by choosing any of the following:
- Regular 15-Wk courses, 8-Wk courses, or "Shortcourses" (those lasting one week or less).
- Department: For example, "Biology," "Communications and Journalism," etc.
- Days - Days the course meets ("R" stands for "Thursday")
- Other Filters - ACTRAC, Special Audit, One Week, Weekend, or online courses.
- Day or Evening Courses
- Keywords - Search on specific words in the course department, title, and description.
- Click "Search."
- You will get a list of all courses that match your search criteria. Open courses will have an "Add" button on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the course name to get a full course description. Information about the time, room location, and instructor are in the link "Course Info" on the right. Other course options (if available) will be indicated. Options include ACTRAC (AC), Special Audit (SA), Lab Required (LR), One Week Course (1W), or Weekend (WE).
- To add a course, click on "Add," and you will get to a confirmation screen. Choose your grade option and lab section (if necessary). If you choose the "ACTRAC" or "Special Audit" options, check the box for verification. Then, click "Confirm".
- If you are done adding, click the Checkout button on the upper center section of the page, directly beneath the red bar.
- If you are an existing student, either newly admitted or returning, enter your WUSTL Key and your password. If you are a new student, click on the "Sign in here" link, immediate below "New Student?" Follow the instructions to create an account. NOTE: Repeated failed attempts to enter numbers or passwords will cause the system to "lock up," for security reasons, and you will not be able to register until the next day.
- Registration page: Follow each step, making sure to click "Continue Checkout" after each step is complete:
- Contact information - Confirm your information, especially your E-mail address. If the information shown requires changes, make the changes using the link that goes to WebSTAC. <
- Payment information - Your course selections and fees will be shown at the top of the page. Scroll down and select how you want to pay - you may choose multiple methods of payment. Your payment(s) will be added to the “Payments” sections of the Checkout page. Continue adding payment until your “Total Due” is zero. Then, click “Continue Checkout”.
The methods of payment are:
- Credit Card – select this option to pay online or by calling or presenting us with your credit card information in person at 11 N. Jackson Rd, Ste. 1000, St. Louis, MO 63105-2153. The credit card page will have a text box for entering the amount to put on the credit card. Review the agreement in the text box and click "I Agree." Then click "Add Method of Payment." You will then be taken to the website of our credit card processor, Cashnet, where you will enter credit card information, review your payment, and be prompted to click a "Continue Registration" button to come back to our site.
- Check - select this option to indicate that you will pay by mailing or presenting a traditional check in person at 11 N. Jackson Rd, Ste. 1000, St. Louis, MO 63105-2153. After entering the appropriate payment information, review the agreement in the text box and click "I Agree." Then click "Add Method of Payment."
- Financial Aid – Click this button if you have been awarded financial aid or scholarships. Read the applicable information and enter the award type and amount. Review the agreement in the text box and click "I Agree". Then, click “Add Method of Payment”.
- Non-WU Employees – Click this button if your employer offers a tuition reimbursement plan. Read the applicable information, enter your employer information and the amount the employer will reimburse. Review the agreement in the text box and click "I Agree". Then, click “Add Method of Payment”. Additional documentation must be submitted.
- Military - Click this button if you're using a military benefit (VA/GI Bill/Yellow Ribbon). Select the appropriate option, review the agreement in the text box, and click "I Agree". Then, click “Add Method of Payment”.
- Senior Citizens (move this method up in the list) – Click this button if you are age 60 or older enrolling for credit. Review the agreement in the text box and click "I Agree". Then, click “Add Method of Payment”. Additional documentation must be submitted.
- City Teachers – Click this button if you are a teacher in the University City School District. Review the agreement in the text box and click "I Agree". Then, click “Add Method of Payment”. Additional documentation must be submitted.
- WU Benefit Plans – Washington University employees and others who are eligible for the Washington University tuition benefit should click this button. Click the appropriate tuition benefit, read the applicable information, verify that you understand this payment option, and then click “Add Method of Payment”.
- WU Payroll Deduction - Washington University employees may have amounts not covered under the tuition benefit plan deducted from their paycheck. Balances less than $200 will be deducted in one installment. Balances of $200 or more can be deducted in multiple paychecks. Employees paid monthly can remit payment in 4 installments (Fall or Spring charges) or 3 installments (Summer charges). Employees paid bi-weekly can remit payment in 8 installments (Fall or Spring charges) or 6 installments (Summer charges). Enter the amount that you'd like have deducted from your check, remit the payroll deduction form, review the agreement in the text box, and click "Add Method of Payment".
WU Contractor Scholarship – Click this button if you are employed full-time on one of Washington University’s campuses by Aramark, Allied Universal Security Services, Barnes and Noble, Bon Appetit, Catering St. Louis, Follett, Top Care, Veolia Transportation or WFF Facility Services. Scholarship funds can only be applied to undergraduate courses, and additional documentation is required. For more information on eligibility and required documentation, please visit the Contract Employee Scholarship Program page.
- Approvals - Review approvals needed and confirm whether you are currently a student at another college or university where you plan to use these courses to satisfy a degree requirement.
This is informational, to let you know that before your registration can be processed, certain University College administrators must give their approval. Common approvals needed are verification of financial aid, verification of employer tuition payment, verification of Washington University employee status, permission to take graduate classes if you are not officially admitted to the graduate program, or advisor permission to take more than the stated number of credit units.
- Finish Registration - Click "Process Registration" and print out that page. Remember, if you have "approvals needed," your registration does not go through until we have looked at your registration and approved it. Administrators look at the pending registrations every day, but feel free to call or e-mail to let us know you are waiting. Until you get a confirmation e-mail from us, or until you can see your courses listed on your schedule in WebSTAC, YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED IN THE COURSE(S), NOR IS A SEAT IN YOUR REQUESTED COURSE(S) "HELD" FOR YOU.
- Go to https://acadinfo.wustl.edu/ucollege
- Click "Schedule" on the menu bar.
- Click "Drop" next to the appropriate course.
- Confirm your request by clicking "Drop Course."
Courses lasting less than 8 weeks (Fall & Spring) and Session 5 courses (Summer) must be dropped manually using this form. Fax the completed form to University College, Room 20, at (314) 935-6744. Your drop will be processed on the date it is received. This form may also be used to change your grade option.
If you cannot register online, visit the University College office at 11 N. Jackson Rd, Ste. 1000, St. Louis, MO 63105-2153 to complete your registration in person.
Campus Box 1085
Washington University in St. Louis
11 N. Jackson Road, Suite 1000
St. Louis, MO 63105-2153
Telephone: (314) 935-6700
Fax: (314) 935-6744