Intensive Chinese & Japanese Institutes
Earn four (4) units of credit in one of our seven-week language institutes. Beginning students of Chinese and Japanese quickly develop language skills and cultural proficiency in classes with master professors and one-on-one tutoring with native speakers.
Learn from master professors and native speakers.
- Benefit from master professors from preeminent Asian language programs and native speakers from China, Taiwan, and Japan.
- Engage in frequent and meaningful cultural performance through small classes and a 2:1 teacher to student ratio.
Structure your day with multiple educational opportunities.
- Attend two class sessions per day.
- Practice in one-on-one tutoring with native speakers.
- Focus on independent work three-four hours per day.
- Make friends with visiting international undergraduates.
Join our community.
- Reside on campus or commute? The choice is yours!
- Participate in campus events with other WashU students.
- Discover the diversity of St. Louis from Chinese and Japanese gardens to theater, museums, dining, and festivals.