To receive the M.A. degree in Human Resources Management (HRM), you must complete 36 units of graduate-level course work with a minimum grade-point average of 3.0. Coursework must meet the following distribution requirements:
Core Courses (18 units)
- 21st Century Perspectives on Organization and Human Resources (U87 506)*
- Integrative Capstone Project for Human Resources (U87 514)*
- Organizational Behavior (U87 520)
- Strategy Formation and Organizational Effectiveness (U87 559)
- Principles of Finance (U87 582)
- Human Resources Metrics (U87 558)
* 506 and 514 are taken towards the end of the program.
Focus Areas (18 units)
Students must complete eighteen units of elective course work chosen from the following focus areas, with a minimum of six units from each:
- Professional Human Resources Management (minimum of 6 credit units)
- Management and Organizational Development (minimum of 6 credit units)
A maximum of 6 credits of related and comparable graduate-level course work may be transferred from another university or from a related graduate program at Washington University with the approval of the program director. These must be graduate-level units not used to fulfill undergraduate degree requirements. Transfer credit may be granted only for authorized courses for which the student received a grade of B or higher.
Authorized P/F credit from graduate level course work in the Olin School of Business may apply if the work was completed prior to the student’s admission to a University College program of study and the student received a course grade of Pass or High Pass. Once admitted to a University College program of study, students who are authorized to take courses in Olin and apply them toward their program of study are required to convert P/F to letter grades at the time of registration.