Certificate in Sustainable Management & Organizations
The Certificate in Sustainable Management and Organizations provides an interdisciplinary approach to understanding and resolving today’s most pressing and complex business and organizational challenges. The program includes foundation courses that examine sustainable living from multiple perspectives, as well as more targeted courses that focus on sustainable business, management, and leadership strategies, including the triple bottom line—economic, social, and environmental.
Undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs offered by University College are offered through Arts & Sciences at Washington University in St. Louis. Business-related programs in University College are not accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
required course work
- Global Sustainability (U29 364) or Environmental Science: Regional and Global Perspectives (U29 413) or International Development and Sustainability (U19 344)
- Systems Thinking and Decision Analysis (U44 358)
- Contemporary Organization Development, Innovations, Sustainability (U44 375)
- Leadership for Organizational Success (U44 305)
- Public Relations (U44 350)
- Operations and Supply Chain Management (U44 356)
- Environmental Law (U19 328)
- The Metropolis (U19 329)
- Financial Management of Nonprofit Organizations (U76 525)
- Strategy Formation and Organizational Effectiveness (U87 559)
- Principles of Finance (U87 582)
- Accounting & Finance for Sustainable Organizations (U19 3777)
Candidates for the Bachelor of Science Degree in Sustainability in University College may not simultaneously pursue a Certificate in Sustainability (Communities and Development, Environment and Science, Management and Organizations) offered by University College. Bachelor of Science in Sustainability students should pursue this category of courses as a concentration within the Bachelor of Science.
There are no formal requirements for admission to undergraduate certificates. Students should speak with an academic advisor regarding their preparation for specific certificates or courses.
The online application is available online on our Apply page. Applications are ready for review when all fields on the application form are completed and the application fee is paid.
You may pay by credit card online, or via check or money order payable to Washington University in St. Louis. You may also pay the fee by cash at the University College office.
This fee is waived for all WashU staff.