Certificate in Clinical Research Management
The Certificate in Clinical Research Management is designed primarily for individuals with clinical research responsibilities who want the formal coursework to complement their skills and experience in the field.
This certificate program targets key processes for managing research protocols that develop and use drugs, devices, and treatments for patient care. The program focuses on the scientific methods of clinical research, good clinical practice, research ethics, and the regulatory guidelines that protect human subjects; all integral components of clinical trial management in academic research or pharmaceutical industry settings.
Our advisors go the extra mile to help you navigate your path and needs. We will provide you with the tools to make each moment spent on your education as valuable as possible. Students will receive:
- one-on-one, hour long appointments with an experienced advisor;
- career planning services to prepare you for opportunities after graduation;
- a partner throughout your journey to ensure success.
Request an Appointment
Student advising is available at our West Campus location from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Friday.
required course work
- Fundamentals of Clinical Research Management I (U80 250)
- Fundamentals of Clinical Research Management II (U80 251)
- Pharmacology for Clinical Research (U80 353)
- Research Ethics and Regulatory Affairs (U80 325)
- Business of Clinical Research (U80 430)
- Introduction to Data and Information Management in Health Sciences (U80 318)
- Practicum/Capstone (U80 350)
There are no formal requirements for admission to undergraduate certificates. Students should speak with an academic advisor regarding their preparation for specific certificates or courses.
The online application is available online on our Apply page. Applications are ready for review when all fields on the application form are completed and the application fee is paid.
You may pay by credit card online, or via check or money order payable to Washington University in St. Louis. You may also pay the fee by cash at the University College office.
This fee is waived for all WashU staff.