Most known technical issues related to Blackboard can be solved by ensuring that your computer is properly configured. Take some time at the beginning of the semester to make sure your computer is ready for Blackboard.
Browser & OS Compatibility
Not all browsers or Operating Systems are supported within Blackboard. Check that your browser is compatible with Blackboard.
Java is a free software download that is required so that certain features of Blackboard function properly. Java updates are frequent, so visit java.com from time to time in order to ensure that you are always using the most recent version. Every time you update Java, it is best to restart your computer before attempting to access Blackboard.
Some Blackboard features display as pop-up screens, so you must enable pop-ups within your browser in order for all Blackboard features to function as designed. Follow the link for your browser in order to learn how to allow pop-ups on your computer:
Test your browser
- Use your WUSTL Key to log into Blackboard.
- Once you have logged in, click the "Help" link near the top of the screen.
- Click "Test Your Browser" on the right side of the screen.
- Pay special attention to the "Required Components" section and follow any prompts for updates.
- Click "More Information" near the top of the screen for more details on your computer's configuration.
- Click "Other Tests" near the top of the screen to test your ability to view video content and to hear audio files.
Your computer should now be ready for Blackboard! If you continue to have technical difficulties, contact Student Technology Services at email@example.com.