The Undergraduate Visiting Student Program in Arts & Sciences at Washington University in St. Louis provides an opportunity for qualified individuals to register for undergraduate day courses in Arts & Sciences on a non-degree basis. This program is coordinated by University College, the evening and continuing education division of Arts & Sciences at Washington University. The program is designed for:
- Individuals who are currently undergraduate degree candidates in good standing from other colleges or universities who wish to take a leave of absence from their home institutions and enroll in undergraduate day courses at Washington University.
- Individuals who wish to enroll in undergraduate day courses for personal enrichment or professional development.
Permission to register under this arrangement does not constitute admission to a degree program at Washington University. However, qualified visiting students may apply for admission at a future date to one of the degree-granting divisions of the University. Courses taken during visiting status may be applied to a degree program at Washington University only if authorized by the appropriate academic division. Students seeking admission to an undergraduate degree program at Washington University should contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, (314) 935-6000. Students seeking admission to a graduate degree program in Arts & Sciences at Washington University should contact the Office of the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences, (314) 935-6880. Individuals wishing to pursue non-degree course work in art, architecture, business, or engineering should contact those schools directly for information relating to non-degree study. High school students wishing to pursue non-degree course work at Washington University should contact the High School College Access Program, (314) 935-4807.
Policies and Procedures
- Individuals wishing to participate in the Visiting Student Program in Arts & Sciences must complete the application form on our Apply Page and provide all requested information.
- Eligibility for visiting student status includes current matriculation in good standing (for students currently attending another college or university), completion of at least one semester of full-time study (12 or more units) at another accredited college or university, and a 3.0 minimum grade point average in previous college work.
- Undergraduate visiting students may register for a maximum of twelve units of course work during a single semester.
- Undergraduate visiting students are eligible to register for a maximum of two semesters of full-time study at Washington University, pending approval by University College.
- All course enrollments are on a space-available basis and subject to instructor and University College approval.
- Undergraduate visiting students register for courses through University College and pay tuition and course-related fees in full at the time of registration.
- Visiting students are not eligible for federal or institutional financial assistance.
- International students are eligible to apply for non-degree study as an Undergraduate Visiting Student if they already hold a visa that permits part-time study. International students holding a B-2 or F-2 visa are only permitted to register for courses that are recreational or avocational.
On-campus housing is not available to visiting students. Off-campus housing, however, is available. For more information about housing options please contact the Office of Residential Life, http://reslife.wustl.edu, (314) 935-5050; or Quadrangle Housing http://www.offcampushousing.wustl.edu, (314) 935-9511.
For additional information about the Undergraduate Visiting Student Program, please call (314) 935-6759.